The Maples and Warden Lodge have been working together on ways to provide more robust and effective GP services for our patients. Therefore we are pleased to inform you that as of April 2020, the two surgeries at The Maples Health Centre and Warden Lodge will be formally merged.
General Practice has been experiencing many pressures over the last couple of years and there have been many worries on how it will survive and continue to provide high quality care to patients. As you will have seen in the press there have been significant problems nationally in recruiting GP’s and healthcare staff and this has affected our practices significantly. By becoming a larger practice we can attract a higher caliber of staff as this means we can offer a more attractive package working across both sites.
This merger will also mean we can strongly influence other providers (like hospitals and care services) to give our patients the support they need. We will be more resilient together, will flourish and improve instead of fighting to survive.
This process has been discussed with Patient Participation Group (PPG) members, and as a whole they are supportive of the change but are raising any questions with us they might have about the merger.
This merger of The Maples and Warden Lodge surgeries will still mean that all services will still be provided from the two sites as they are currently, although we are reviewing with the PPG the best way to manage same day demand.
So what does this mean for you?
- You do not have to do anything. You can still use your usual GP services – however they may from time to time be located at the other surgery building and you’ll be able to discuss your options when you make an appointment
- The new name for your GP Practice will be Maple Lodge Group Practice, but services will still be provided at both surgery buildings.
- The Maples and Warden Lodge will no longer exist as separate general practices
- Opening hours will remain the same, and we are looking at how best to provide our “extended hours” service from both sites.
- There will be wider availability to services, for example access to appointments with both male and female GPs, which is not always an option at the practices,
- Nursing and General healthcare provided by our Healthcare assistants will continue from both sites
- Please direct any queries or questions via our website (address below) and select ‘contact the practice’.
If you are interested in joining the Patient Participation Group, please get in touch with your practice reception or apply through the practices website below. Not only is this a great way to get involved in what’s happening at the practice but you will have the opportunity to help improve the experience and environment for patients.
To keep up to date with the latest information please visit your practice websites:
Claire Arno Helen Moth
Practice Manager Practice Manager
The Maples Warden Lodge
on behalf of
Dr A Jackson, Dr S Hogan, Dr A Cadman, Dr S Haque, Dr S Kugaprasad, Dr C Orji, Dr R Rashid
Maple Lodge Group Practice Partners.